This program is for individuals who do not hold a PA Teaching certificate. If you hold a PA Teaching certificate, or are in the process of obtaining a teacher certificate, you should not apply for this program – contact the Hollidaysburg School District Human Resource Department.
The Hollidaysburg Area School District is interested in finding qualified personnel to serve as guest substitute teachers. Substitutes are needed to replace regular classroom teachers during training sessions and/or leave time.
The next scheduled Guest Substitute Training will be held October 5, 2023.
WHAT YOU NEED
A bachelor's degree in any subject area from an accredited college/university in the U.S.
- Official sealed college transcripts
- HASD Guest Teacher Application (see Substitute > Guest Substitute Teacher)
- Acceptable PA State Criminal History Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Acceptable completion of Act 168 Sexual Misconduct Disclosure forms
- Successful completion of guest teacher training offered by the Hollidaysburg Area School District
GUEST TEACHER TRAINING
During HASD Guest Teacher Training, you will talk with teachers, learn techniques to deal with today's students, and review effective teaching topics. This is a two-day training offered free of charge by the Hollidaysburg Area School District. You will be retroactively paid for these two days after the Hollidaysburg School Board has approved you for inclusion on the Guest Substitute Teacher list.
MANDATED CHILD ABUSE REPORTING TRAINING
Effective January 2, 2013, all substitutes will be required to attend a 3-hour Mandated Child Abuse Reporting Training. Training must be through an approved provider. Information for free Child Abuse training is available online.