The person registering a student for school must be a resident of the Hollidaysburg Area School District and must be:
A. Either parent listed on the birth certificate.
B. A guardian appointed to the student in the custody agreement, signed by a judge.
C. A 1302 Affidavit Guardian as outlined in Hollidaysburg Area School District Policy 202.
D. A verified foster parent.
E. A host family for an approved foreign exchange student.
F. A student may register him/herself if age 18 or over.
G. A pre-adoptive parent.
- Registrations are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- To schedule an appointment, call the Administrative Office at 814-695-7431 and ask for Student Registrations.
The parent/guardian must provide the following list of required documents for registration purposes:
- Student's proof of age (ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS INCLUDE):
- State-issued birth certificate
- Notarized copy of birth certificate
- Hospital-issued birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate or transcript of the record of baptism, duly certified and showing the date of birth
- Current/valid passport
- A prior school record indicating the date of birth
- Student's immunization/shot record (ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS INCLUDE):
- Student's immunization record
- A written statement from the former school district or medical office stating that the required immunizations have been administered or that a required series is in progress
- Proof of Residency of parent registering student, which must include the name and current address in the Hollidaysburg Area School District (ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW):
- If you provide any of the forms listed below to prove residency, you will only need to provide ONE:
- Current utility bill
- Rental/Lease agreement (dated within the last 2 months)
- Contract to purchase/build a home (dated within the last 2 months)
- If you provide any of the forms listed below to prove residency, you will need to provide TWO:
- Current credit card bill
- Current property tax bill
- Current vehicle registration
- Current/Valid driver's license
- Current/valid DOT identification card
- Parental Registration Statement (prepared at the time of registration)
- Home Language Survey (prepared at the time of registration)
- Residency Questionnaire (prepared at the time of registration)
The District reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any documents provided and take appropriate action if not satisfied.
Information not required but beneficial to the student for enrollment:
- Name, address, and telephone number of the previous school
- Documents relating to special education needs such as a current IEP, NOREP, Evaluation Report, etc.
- Court orders concerning custody issues